Heather’s Home Roasted Red Pepper Dip
In this post I’m going to walk through a fast and simple way to home roast red peppers. I will also share a great recipe for roasted red pepper dip. I love it when someone I coach inspires me! This happened last week when I was coaching Heather. Heather and I have a bunch in common. We both have small dogs and we each have one that can be hard to deal with. We both try hard to eat well and prepare as much as we can from scratch. We both love whole foods…the concept and the market.
Since we have so much in common, I knew I’d love Heather’s Home Roasted Red Pepper Dip as soon as she described it. I was right. It’s so good! This dip is sweet and savory and full of so much flavor you will forget how good it is for you. Made with low-fat feta cheese and loaded with veggies, you can snack guilt-free on roasted red pepper dip and add it to your pasta sauces or chicken dishes. It’s delish!
I’m so glad I was reminded about how easy it is to roast bell peppers yourself at home. Red bell peppers are sweet and flavorful raw. Roasted they are the bomb! I’m inspired to start roasting up a big batch to have to add to other recipes, omelets, and sandwiches.
If you don’t have time to go through the step of roasting peppers yourself at home, you can find roasted red pepper in most markets. I’m all for easy. Just be wary of the prepared ones that are stored in olive oil. Making them at home requires very little oil.
Home Roasting Red Bell Peppers
- Wash pepper
2. Slice peppers in half and remove stem and seeds
3. Roast them in a hot oven (about 400 degrees) for 20 to 25 minutes
4. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. The steam will make it easier to peel the skin off the peppers once they’ve cooled
5. Peel the burnt skin off the cooked peppers and slice the tender, cooked vegetable
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use
- 2 whole red bell peppers (about 1 cup roasted and sliced)
- ¼ Cup reduced fat feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dash of salt
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash peppers, cut in half, and remove stems and seeds
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bake peppers, cut side down for 20 to 25 minutes
- Allow to cool in a bowl covered with plastic wrap (will allow for easy peeling of the skin)
- Peel the burned skin from the peppers and slice
- Store roasted peppers in an airtight container in the fridge until needed
- Add all ingredients to a food processor
- Pulse for until smooth
- Transfer to serving dish