How to Make Savory Egg Omelet Muffins and Save Time
I Love this recipe for quick, energy boosting breakfasts! A warm, savory meal satisfies in the morning. How to Make Savory Egg Omelet Muffins and Save Time will help your family with Back to School morning stress. The great thing about these muffins is that you prepare them once and you are good to go for the week! Left-over omelet muffins heat up nicely in the microwave work as a ‘grab-and-go’ – walking to the bus and eating in the car on those mornings that there just isn’t time to sit down. Savory Egg Omelet Muffins also make for a nutritious, protein packed snack!
The recipe in this post, How to Make Savory Egg Omelet Muffins and Save Time is very versatile. You can take the basic egg base and add the veggies, herbs, and cheese of your choice. There are endless combinations. Heck if you have kids and teens that have not discovered the beauty of sweet cherry tomatoes, or the savory, earthy taste of mushrooms, leave them out. Omelet muffins can be as simple as egg only, or as loaded up with veggies as you want. Either way they are packed with energy-boosting protein, easy to prepare for the week, and great for munching on the go. No more breakfast food ruts or morning stress!
Have I convinced you to try making a batch of omelet muffins? If so, here is the recipe:
- 6 eggs
- splash of low-fat milk
- ¼ yellow onion
- ¼ red onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 twists ground pepper mill
- ¼ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- pinch of ground cumin
- pinch of fat-free mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Chop onion and bell peppers
- Saute onion and peppers in olive oil spray
- Chop tomatoes
- Combine sauteed veggies and tomatoes in a bowl
- Add minced garlic to veggie mixture
- Whisk 6 eggs in a large, glass liquid measuring cup with a fork
- Add splash of milk and stir
- Add baking powder, salt, pepper, and cumin to egg mixture
- Spray a non-stick muffin tin liberally with olive oil spray
- Add veggies to the bottom of muffin tin
- Pour in egg mixture
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes
I have a confession – I can pop 4 of these little omelet muffins without missing a beat. To make this into a filling breakfast meal, toast a piece of whole grain bread, heat up your left over omelet muffin in the microwave, mash it down on top of the toast with a fork, and throw a piece of low-fat cheese on top – voila! A filling, nutritious, well balanced breakfast.
How to Make Savory Egg Omelet Muffins and Save Time hopefully reached you just in time to save your morning routine. Are you going to try them? Leave me a comment or send me an email – I’d love to hear!
thanks & hugs,